Raipur: Blaze at pvt hospital leaves five Covid patients dead
Four Covid patients died of suffocation and another due to burn injuries when a fire broke out on the third floor of a private hospital in Raipur.
Nine patients were inside Rajdhani Hospital's Covid ward where the fire broke out on Saturday afternoon, allegedly due to a short circuit. Raipur SP Ajay Yadav said, 'There were 34 patients in the hospital… We are investigating further.' Sources in the police said prima facie it looked like a case of negligence, as the hospital premises didn't have updated fire safety gear.