Heartbreaking: Polar Bear Dies After It Swallows Rubber Ball Thrown by a Zoo Visitor

Heartbreaking: Polar Bear Dies After It Swallows Rubber Ball Thrown by a Zoo Visitor

India.com

A male polar bear died after swallowing a toy ball thrown into his enclosure by a young visitor in a Russian zoo. According to zoo authorities, the 25-year-old polar bear, named Umka, suddenly collapsed on the ground while having breakfast in his enclosure in Yekaterinburg on Monday morning. Seeing him collapse, his carer immediately called for help following which a crew of vets arrived at the scene within ten minutes, but Umka had already died by then, Dailu Mail reported.

After an autopsy was performed, it was found that his death was caused by a small rubber ball found in his stomach by the medical staff.

Disclaimer: This is an automatically aggregated article/story by a computer program and has not been created or edited by Newsdig.in.

World COVID19 Meter

162810911

Cases

142509933

Recovered

3372911

Deaths
Last updated: GMT
Advt
Advt
Advt
sitemap Disclaimer
Newsdig.in 2019